Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Sunday 28 June 2020

Hobby Update 28th June 2020

It has been a bit of a dry spell for gaming recently (work, studies, builders in, illness), which I am hoping to get out of very soon, but I have managed to make a decent bit of progress on finishing off some bits and pieces.  I really am getting pretty close to 'done' now, and I think one more painting session will finish all the things I am actually going to do.  All that is left are a few orphan 28mm figures that I probably won't get out of the box until there is an actual project that involves using them... 
The last of my current set of flagbearers for my Thirty Years' War project: this time it is for the Danes, enough to do Lutter.
 
WW2 Italian and British infantry for the Western Desert (these are finished now), as are the accompanying vehicles (L3, A13, Panzer III, Panzer IV)

Two battalions of Napoleonic Italian Guards, two battalions of Neapolitan Guards (all finished now)

My box of random - some river boats and a couple of longships

This is right at the bottom of the lead pile now; various 28mm bits and pieces in various states...
Some VC from The Assault Group.  Not touching these until/unless I get some US or ANZAC opposition.
 

A couple of packs of Border Reivers from Reiver, undercoated and the first colours applied

A few random Space Marines, plus a couple of other SF figures, origin unknown

Some fantasy figures: some wood elf stag riders (left) which are painted but need a bit of repair, in the centre is a group of female adventurers from Oathsworn Miniatures, with just need basing.

A few Frostgrave Cultists in the foreground which I have repaired, just need to be put in the right box!  Behind them are WW2 figures from the Hour of Glory boardgame, supplemented with a couple of other WW2 figures (e.g. some Bad Squiddo Soviets).  I think there are some Pulp lady detectives behind them.

The packet contains the Wargames Factory' 28mm Female Apocalypse survivors: not sure what I am going to do with them, to be honest.
A few Horse for Per Broden's Charity Project
These are pretty much finished now, so should get them posted off in the next day or two

A few modern vehicles on the right (a UAZ, a Mercedes and a Toyota Hilux), with some 15mm modern US infantry, plus some militiawomen on the left (all Peter Pig)
Some modern vehicles from Battlefront's 'Team Yankee' range: from the left, a Humvee, a LAV-25, an M1, a T-72 and a BMP-2.

So, now the thing to do is to get this stuff onto the table!  Not sure what will get there first (which has been one of the problems), but after a gap, the key thing is to get something simple onto the table to get into the swing of it.  'Simple' for me is normally synonymous with 'Neil Thomas ruleset', so that is what is looking favourite, although Bob Cordery's 'Portable Wargame' would do just as well...

4 comments:

  1. The bottom of the lead pile ..... I want to experience that :-)

    I particularly like the vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Norm, that US camouflage pattern turned out better than I expected. My plan has always been to have just a few models on the go at any one time; what I am trying to think of it as is a 'one day' limit: i.e. I could paint the lot if I took a single day off work to complete it. It used to be a week, but I have managed to get it down, as my core projects are mainly done now.

      Delete
  2. A real pot pourri of projects you have on the go there old chap! Let's hope you are able to get some games in again soon, all being well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, I hope so too. Fingers crossed.

      Delete