Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life, featuring small skirmishes and big battles from many historical periods (and some in the mythic past or the far future too). The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.

Saturday 18 February 2023

Hobby Update: 18 Feb 23

 A very short update, since I haven't actually been doing much hobby stuff and what I have been doing has been more RPG-oriented.  But I have managed to finish off some more C17 Eastern European light cavalry, sufficient to do all of the C17 scenarios I have for the Thirty Years' War in Europe's Tragedy and To The Peace of the Pyrenees.


 

These will come in handy as I tackle these scenarios later this year, using the Twilight of Divine Right rules (I think), as part of the preparation for tackling a full Thirty Years' War campaign. Anyhow, here they are, from Baccus:


The figures are quite nice, although they definitely have the older style horses and there were a couple of figures that had slightly difficult to remove flash (attached to the body, face and horse's head) - I have filed a couple down into long beards since I couldn't get a cut to remove them.  I think that this range is getting a refresh very soon (the Polish Great Northern War range isn't on sale at the minute).  But they are nice enough, and I am looking forward to getting them into action soon.


4 comments:

  1. They look good to me and I'm certainly looking forward to your 30YW campaign as and when you get time to stage it:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I am thinking about bringing some campaigning forward...

      Delete
  2. They look absolutely fine and clearly represent what they are supposed to.
    I'll be interested to read how you go with Twilight of Divine Right. I have enjoyed Twilight of the Sun King for games of the Great Northern War at a larger scale (i.e. smaller table and fewer figures) with greater level of abstraction.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like ToDR, with a couple of small caveats only; looking forward to getting it onto the table soon

      Delete