Having sworn to myself that I wouldn't buy more than a couple of armies with allies for any given period, I broke that promise entirely and got myself two new Napoleonic Armies at Partizan: a Netherlands Army and a Russian Army. I've started painting up the Dutch-Belgians and have made some relatively speedy progress - eight infantry battalions and two cavalry regiments done so far. I've really been enjoying using the new grey-undercoat with black wash that Dr Mike taught me there - for some reason I find painting over grey raised areas much more enjoyable than over black! I don't think the end results are much better yet, but I'm hopeful that I am getting better as I get more used to it.
I've tried a different basing method too: instead of a single 60mm x 30mm base, I've tried using a 30mmx15mm base with two 15mmx15mm bases for the infantry. It looks okay, but I'm not totally convinced yet, especially as I don't know if I'll really use the extra flexibility that this basing system would give me.
Heretical Gaming is my blog about my gaming life; currently concentrating on a re-fight of the entire English Civil War, but with numerous discursions into battles from many different periods. The focus is on battle reports using a wide variety of rules, with the occasional rules review, book review and odd musing about the gaming and history. Most of the battles use 6mm-sized figures and vehicles, but occasionally 15mm and 28mm figures appear too.