Still not much to report on the gaming front, but I have been continuing to chip away at the lead mountain...
The next batch was a group of (refurbished) old 40K Orks and a group of much newer Warhammer Beastmen.
| The Beastmen are very nice figures! They can go into my 28mm fantasy box. |
After that, I tackled some plastic Vikings (Vixtrix possibly?). I thought these painted up quite well, I was pleased.
I have a bunch of Dark Age warriors already (from Gripping Beast), which these will work fine with.
You are progressing well! Those dark ages fellas look great (I'm not into fantasy, sorry).
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James! And very much understood about the fantasy stuff...
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteA cracking update! The plastic Vikings look absolutely superb, and repairing those old-school Orks is a lovely bit of hobby rescue work. It's always a satisfying feeling when different eras come together so well on the workbench.
Cheers, Andy
Thanks Andy - you are right, always nice to make progress on a few different fronts. The littlest one will enjoy playing with the Orks, I will no doubt get the Vikings to the table at some point, and I am sure the Beastmen will get their turn doing something. Maybe playing D&D with the older bairns.
DeleteVery nice work there.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to have some "expendable" figures for the kids to play with.
Quite. The figures the littlest one has get more use than almost any other figures out there, I should imagine! So if some become casualties over time, that is fine. I manage to fix most of them anyway.
DeleteGood to see you still making progress John, as the heat and other things have put pay to my painting mojo at present!
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve! I am keen to make progress whilst the fit is upon me.
Delete